Everybody wants to have a destination wedding at a gorgeous beach, or wants to plan to host their friends and family on their hometown beach. Having a beach wedding can be a great experience for you and your guests. After all, don’t we all like a mini vacation! Who wouldn’t want to have a romantic atmosphere for their wedding? The soft sound of the waves hitting the shore, the soft sand between your toes and the salty winds – a beach wedding – a complete mood lifter is so much more fun than one can imagine. And if that is not convincing enough, you know that everybody these days is having a beach wedding. So, let’s figure out what goes into planning it.
I am sure that every girl at least for once in her lifetime has thought of getting married at the beach. Imagine the background of the sun setting at the beach side while you exchange your wedding vows.
Well, a destination beach wedding in India?
What could be better than the beaches in Goa?
Hosting a wedding at a beach is a very doable now-a-days. So, let’s Get started!
“Hand in hand, heart to heart, at the beach, our adventure starts.”
How Much Does It Cost To Host A Destination Wedding In Goa?
Usually, having a destination wedding in Goa will cost you anywhere around 40 to 45 lakhs. This is only possible if you have about 100-150 guests who are invited for a maximum of 2 to 3 day wedding. The cost of your destination wedding in Goa will majorly depend on the following factors:
- Venue: The venue of your destination wedding plays a major role in defining the budget of your wedding. For a wedding in goa, you have an option to choose from a variety of beach resorts, shacks or budget hotels that have access to a private beach. Preferably a venue in south Goa is a better option as the beaches there are less crowded as compared to the ones at north Goa. Contact us now for getting the best deals and Venue’s.
- Number of days: It is better to restrict to a maximum of 3 day wedding. So, you will not go overboard with the number of functions. By doing this you can plan to have 2 or more functions in a day, so that you can have as many functions as you desire.
- Guest list: Usually in case of a destination wedding only close family members and a few friends are invited. Making a guest list will help you throughout the planning of the wedding for logistics, hamper count, etc
Note: In most cases the guests pay for their own travel tickets, however if you plan to book these for your guests, it is better that you book them much in advance. Booking tickets in bulk that too in advance will help you save a lot of money.
- Other factors like photographers, bridal makeup along with family makeup, decorators and catering also affect your budget. Contacting and booking local vendors helps reduce the cost to 50%. Contact us for any assistance as we have a broad list of vendors and we shall provide you with the best deal.
What Are The Best Venues In Goa For A Destination Wedding?
Plan a wedding at the beaches in south goa as they are less crowded and surely more cleaner than the ones in north goa. Comparing the the two parts will surely give you the idea to choose the better option.
Taj group has a couple of properties in Goa such as the Taj Exotica Resort, Holiday Village and Vivanta by Taj.
- Price: On request
- Capacity: 360-600 guests
Grand Hyatt Resort located at the bambolim bay is a great luxurious property. They have a grand banquet that has a floating capacity of around 900 people and a green luscious lawn that is perfect for hosting a beach wedding.
- Price: Rs. 5000 onwards
- Capacity: 80- 860 guests
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort portrays Goan culture and is a very hot destination wedding location in Goa. Overlooking the Utorda beach, the resort offers a beautiful view and a mesmerising setting for any ceremony.
- Price: Rs. 3000 onwards
- Capacity: 210-350 guests
Apart from these luxury options, you will find many budget hotels options such as:
Hotel Goan Heritage is a budget hotel that has large lawn and it is apt for hosting a large gathering as it can easily accommodate more than 1000 guests and it also has a indoor banquet that is ideal to host a small gathering of about 200 people.
- Price: Rs. 650 onwards
- Capacity: 150-1050 guests
La Calypso Beach Resort has set their top priority to make the guests as comfortable as possible and also provide the best hospitality services. The resort has a outdoor lawn that has the capacity for about 1000 guests and it is a great budget venue option.
- Price: Rs. 1700
- Capacity: 400-1000 guests
Royal Orchid Beach Resort and Spa in Goa is surrounded by the beach which gives you the surety of getting a beach view. This resort has both an indoor banquet and a lush green outdoor lawn.
- Price: Rs. 1200 onwards
- Capacity: 120-1200 guests
The Right Time To Plan A Wedding In Goa?
Goa has a pleasant weather throughout the year, however having a wedding in winter is a great idea as it gets a little bit humid during the summers and also the unpredictable rains. Organizing your wedding during the Winter season will be a great idea. As the air can gets a little chilled during January, it’s never too cold in goa.
With this pleasant temperature and cool air means you can organize the functions during the day as well, which will help in reducing costs by 35 %. How you ask? The answer is you reduce the use of extra lighting and power backup which reduces costs. Also, photos and videos come out better in natural light!
Having your in the off season is a better idea as the number of tourists in the city will be less. Also the chances of getting venues and accommodations at good and less rates is high.
How To Travel To Goa?
- If you travel by flight: Dabolim airport is the one and only airport in Goa. There are many flights that arrive Goa on a daily basis from different cities.
- By Train: Goa has a number of railway stations, major ones are – Madgaon and Vasco- da – Gama. Goa is very accessible from all the parts of Maharashtra as well as the whole country by railways.
- By Road: Different bus services to travel to goa are available. Numerous Bus stations make it easy to travel to the desired location . The highways are great and are very well maintained, so driving to Goa from nearby cities like Mumbai and Karnataka is also a very comfortable option.
Cabs are easily available and accessible for travelling within the city.
How Will You Accommodate Your Guests For The Wedding At Goa?
Hotel’s usually give huge discounts if you book rooms in bulk. Also if you have your guests staying at the same hotel or resort as the venue, you will surely save a lot of money. This will also help you in reducing down the travelling costs also will reduce the logistical stress.
How do you plan your wedding within the budget?
Hosting a destination wedding in Goa within your budget is not something that can’t be done. Keep the following points in your mind and it will surely help you stay within your budget:
- Select your location wisely – Selecting a place with natural beauty would mean less Décor, so you are saving unnecessary expenses on décor.
- Plan your wedding on an off – season date – This could be the most important factor to reduce your costs. As the rates of all hotels resorts and services go reduce during off – seasons. You will also have better chances to get cheaper and better rates.
- Book rooms for guests and also plan events at the same venue – Booking rooms in bulk at the same venue increases the possibility of getting rates and it also reduces Logistical costs and stress!
- Bookings to be done well in advance – The earlier you book, the greater are the chances for you to get cheaper deals. Also, with room bookings in bulk will put you in a way more better place.
- Plan crisp Itinerary – Do not go overboard by organising a lot of events – restrict to a 2 day or max 3 day wedding. Also have a crisp guest list if possible. We would recommend about 100 – 150 people.
How To Mix The Goan Culture In Your Destination Wedding?
Goa is one of the most romantic and stunning wedding destinations in India. Along with the chill vibes at your destination wedding goa has a lot more in store. You can mix the goan culture as a part of your celebrations to add a twist to your wedding. You can add the mouth watering seafood, and goan dishes in your menu. Also include the Portuguese, Konkan and Bahamian cuisines to treat your guests to an alluring delight!
Entrust us to create moments on your big day, with inspired details set deep in the heart of your love story. We Surely will do our best and create priceless memories.